Experience Emiquon is a cooperative effort between Dickson Mounds Museum, The Nature Conservancy, UIS Therkildsen Field Station, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Illinois Natural History Survey. This site was created to provide information on the restoration of the Emiquon Nature Preserve and the Emiquon National Wildlife Refuge, and as a place to post information on public events and opportunities relating to Emiquon.
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:00am - Sunday, March 1, 2015 - 4:00pmPosted By:Dickson Mounds Museum
- Sunday, March 1, 2015 - 10:00am - 4:00pmPosted By:Dickson Mounds Museum
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015 - 7:00pm - 9:30pmPosted By:Dickson Mounds MuseumIllinois Valley Archaeological Society
- Saturday, March 7, 2015 - 1:00pm - 3:00pmPosted By:Dickson Mounds Museum
- Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 7:00am - 8:30pmPosted By:Dickson Mounds Museum
What's Happening Right Now?
Filming is under way for a presentation on Emiquon to appear in the Dickson Mounds Emiquon Exhibit gallery, presently in the planning stages. Shown below is a short clip of the video, produced by WTVP, Peoria Public Television.
Also check out the action in the video below, captured by Jane Garrison Ward of the February 2011 snow geese migration through Emiquon.