UIS Therkildsen Field Station News
- Friday, November 9, 2012 - 4:30pmPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field StationDr. Eric Grimm of the Illinois State Museum will speak on “The Science of Climate Change” at Dickson Mounds Museum on Sunday, November 11, 2012.
- Thursday, August 9, 2012 - 4:06pmPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field StationDickson Mounds Museum and the University of Illinois at Springfield’s Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon (TFSE) present a two-part presentation: Meteor Showers - Bringing Visitors from Outer Space as the Second Sunday Science Lecture Series topic on August 12, 2012.
- Wednesday, June 6, 2012 - 3:39pmPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field StationSecond Sunday Science Lecture Series on Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. in the Museum’s auditorium. This month’s topic is Morton Site Archaeology presented Dr. Michael Conner. The Morton Village, a prehistoric Native American site, dates to about A.D. 1350. Work at the site, which began in 2008, is a joint venture of Dickson Mounds Museum and Dr. Jodie O’Gorman of Michigan State University with the cooperation of The Nature Conservancy.
- Friday, April 27, 2012 - 2:02pmPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field Station"Not Just Pretty Flowers: Restoration in the Age of Global Change."
- Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 10:59amPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field StationThe next Emiquon Partnership monthly science lecture series will be on Sunday, March 11, 2012, at 2:00 p.m. in the Dickson Mounds Museum auditorium. The presentation is titled, "The Fishes of Thompson Lake" and will be presented by T.D. VanMiddlesworth, aquatic biologist at the Illinois Natural History Survey’s, Illinois River Biological Station in Havana, IL.
- Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:12pmPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field StationDickson Mounds Museum Director Dr Michael Wiant kicked off the new Science Lecture Series on Sunday, January 8, 2012.
- Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:04pmPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field StationBeginning January 2012, join us for a variety of presentations on the second Sunday of each month at 2:00pm.
- Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 3:20pmPosted By:UIS Therkildsen Field StationThe Emiquon Partnership will launch a monthly science lecture series on Sunday, January 8, 2012, at 2 p.m. in the Dickson Mounds Museum auditorium. The kick-off presentation is titled "The Life and Times of the Illinois River"to be presented by Dr. Michael Wiant, Director of Dickson Mounds.